About The Oldsmobile Club of Iowa (OCI)
Founded in June 27th 1992, and chartered by OCA in July 24th 1993. The Oldsmobile Club of Iowa is dedicated to the preservation of all Oldsmobiles, 1897 to present. Members and their spouses participate in monthly membership meetings, an annual picnic. The club also participates in the annual Quad States Zone Meet.
- The dual purpose of this chapter is to further the interest in all types of Oldsmobile within this geographic region and to aid in promoting of events of interest in Oldsmobile and around the home community;
- Develop a program, in accordance with the OCA National Club:
- to be educational;
- to serve as a medium of exchange of ideas, information, and parts for members and admirers of vehicles built by Oldsmobile (including Viking);
- to aid the members in their efforts to restore and preserve the vehicles in their original likeness;
- to encourage the preservation and study of printed, technical, and historical material published;
- to unite owners of vehicles built by Oldsmobile in order to promote the restoration and preservation of them for future generations through activities involving the club, community, and family participation.
Thanks to the 1992 founding group of officers,
- Shirley Herum – President
- Dan Rassmussen – Vice President
- Lori Deaton – Secretary
- Bud Sebek – Treasure
- Gary Carlstedt – committee Chair, and the present, and future officers for their volunteer efforts on behalf of the OCI, OCA, and Oldsmobile lovers the world over.